We are excited to inform you that Pocket City Basketball will host our inaugural Girl’s Fall Basketball League (X-League) at Evansville Harrison HS (IN) starting every Sunday from September 22nd through October 6th from 12 pm – 6 pm CDT, and we would like to invite your 6th – 12th grade players to attend.
We have a two part goal with the new league. The first, just like our boys version that is going into year seven, we want to provide a stage for the top recrtuitable high school basketball players in Southern Indiana, Southern Illinois and the Western Kentucky area to showcase their abilities in front of the appropriate level college coaches in a comfortable setting. We feel that the young ladies in the area deserve this outlet. The second part is to provide a smooth transition for the players into the school ball season.
We hope that you share our excitement in providing this opportunity to the young ladies in Southern Indiana, Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky. When putting teams together, our staff does so with the recommendations from school ball coaches. We will have a coaching hospitality room on site so feel free to stop in and check out your players. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at info@pocketcitybasketball.
com or contact N.D. Kendrick (812) 453-7121 or Andre Thomas by phone at (812) 470-7378.
Please review and share the below registration information with your players.
Girls 6th grade – 12th grade participants are guaranteed a minimum of 5 games played over 3 weeks of fall league play ending in a single-elimination tournament in Week 3.
- All games will be played on Sundays (2 games each Sunday), which allows for fall sport participants to attend.
- Middle School participants ONLY may register as an individual or as a feeder or school team (notate school team on registration form field). The #PCBXLeague will feature Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity division levels.
- Costs: $80 regular fee (multiple siblings discounts are available). A waiting list will be utilized once all spots are filled.
- Participants will receive a game jersey to be worn for all league contests.
- Pocket City Basketball is happy to bring in one of the top ladies scouts in the Midwest, Brandon Bradley, of Prep Hoops to assist families with recruiting/eligibility questions in an open forum setting.
- Rules: A five minute warm-up is allowed prior to league games. League games will be four 14 minute (running clock) quarters. Clock will stop during the last minute of the game. One 30 sec time out is allowed per half as well as one floating full timeout. A timed minute break between quarters and three minute break at the half will be utilized. First overtime is 2 minutes. Second overtime is sudden death (first basket wins). Player and fan/parents conduct will be strictly enforced. Fighting results in an immediate dismissal from the X-League without refund. Pocket City Basketball will not be responsible for forfeits. 4 on 4 play is allowed.
- The Fall X-League will observe all IHSAA guidelines. No more than three players from the same high school will be placed on the same league team (rule does not apply to Middle School participants). Typically, no more than 9 players will be on the majority of league teams. All teams are balanced out for competitive play by the school ball coaches, Pocket City Basketball staff and other regional basketball consultants.
- Spectators will be charged a $5 admission fee each week. Pass outs will be available. Coaches, referees and media members will receive free admission upon signing in.
- Collegiate Exposure: NCAA Division II (depending on NCAA calendar), Division III, NAIA and Junior Colleges will be invited to be in attendance for the JV and Varsity division levels. NCAA rules may prevent Division I head coaches from attending during this period.
- Entertainment: Queen of The Court and Three Point Contest. Immediately following tournament play in the final week, we will dim the lights, bring in a DJ and allow the fall league participants to put on a show for the spectators. 3 point and QOTC qualifiers will take place at 11 am on 9/29 & 10/6.
- Exposure services committed are Prep Hoops Indiana, Jreelz (Video Footage), In the Gym Hoops (Video Footage) and more to come.